Creating a Document Management System in Word
Adding a New Button to Your Form
Once you have created your new template, place it in the desired templates folder that your
code calls for then add a new button on your form to access the template. The steps for
creating a new button are:
- Open the template file that contains the UserFormDMS.
- Press ALT+F11 to enter the VBE Window
- Open the "Forms" project up until you see the UserFormDMS form, then double-click on it
- Click the desired TAB that you are going to add a form button to.
- Select an existing form option button, press CTRL-C to copy it, then CTRL-V to paste it.
- Select the new button and move it to the desired location.
- Click inside the "Name" property and change the name to OptButtonx, where "x" is the next number in sequence of buttons. For example if you only have five buttons total on all TABs, then this button will be named ÓptButton6
- Change the "Caption" property to the exact same name as your new template file.
- Double-click the "OKAY" button to access the code.
- Change the "5" in the "For x = 1 to 5" to "6".
- Close the VBE window, save your template, and close it.
Your new form should now be ready to be accessed from your DMS System.
Download the White Paper (Opens PDF version of WhitePaper in new window)