PowerPoint FAQ: Placing an Image in a Slide Object
Besides being able to set a fill color, fill gradient, or texture fill of an object, you
can also place an image as the background of an object. Follow these steps to insert an image into an object:
The Slide Show Help Screen
- Select the object (in this case we draw an oval).
- On the Drawing toolbar, select the Fill Color down-arrow button.
- Select the Fill Effects option to display the Fill Effects dialog box.
- Select the Picture tab, and click on the Select Picture button.
- In the Select Picture dialog box, specify the file name of your image, or browse to find it.
- Select the file then click OK. The picture is displayed in the Picture tab in the Picture box and the Sample box.
- Click OK. The picture is displayed in the Background dialog box.
- Click OK to insert the picture. The picture is inserted completely in the object.